This course is the result of nearly two decades of experience in cybersecurity training at BlackHat by the best information security experts in the world that will bootstrap your offensive security thinking and learning.
It is structured to teach vital ethical hacking concepts using real-world hacking examples and exploitation. Each key concept is accompanied by a hands-on practical hacking exercise.
- Understanding the hacking mindset - different ways hackers think and how hacking makes you think.
- Much of hacking is looking at the world differently. By understanding the differences, both attacking and defending systems can be made easier.
- Setting up your environment, from getting your Kali ready to getting comfortable on the command line.
- We'll help you with what you need and how to get your own set up and how to use it.
- Finding and Hacking Infrastructure over the Internet.
- Hacking over the Internet requires a different approach to the internal network. We'll show you how to find a target organisation's infrastructure on the Internet.
- Technologies such as DNS and techniques such as OSINT are introduced.
- And much more...
- People wanting to get started with penetration testing.
- Defenders, developers or administrators looking to better understand how attacks and attackers work to better defend their systems.
- Managers of technical security teams looking to understand the work better.
No hacking experience is required for this course; this is a beginner's course. But enthusiasm is a must!
It's not necessary, but ideally, some technical background will help, in particular experience with the Windows or Linux command line. However, we're used to meeting students at their level.
At a minimum, students need a computer with a web browser they are comfortable using. As all the practicals are hosted in the cloud and the class web portal is used to deliver content.
If possible, students should bring a laptop with Kali Linux either installed or running in a VM. This lets students set up their environment to take home with them and can make the course a little more comfortable.
- Access to our web class portal containing slides, practicals, walkthroughs and tools and prerequisites. This is accessible after the training.
- Access to your own individual lab with numerous targets and capabilities, used for the practicals.
Subject matter experts from SensePost/Orange Cyberdefense